Tuesday, July 12, 2011

British Army - Royal Signals?

I worked as an Telecommunications Operator (Linguist) with the Royal Corps of Signals from 1989-1999. When I first started the role was called 'Electronic Warfare Operator' and then changed the role name in 1991 for some reason. After completing my trade training which took 2 years, I was promoted to Lance Corporal straight away (they do this for technician roles as well). I was then sent to Loughborough for language training (Russian) alongside the Intelligence Corps. My first posting was to Krefeld in Germany with 14 Signal Regiment with further postings in Germany. I was not required in the first Gulf war but was sent to Bosnia and Kosovo. The Royal Corps of Signals is an excellent corps to be a part of and it has a long and proud history. If you live anywhere near Blandford, the Corps have a museum there.

No comments:

Post a Comment